What Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner Taught Me about Hiring Only the Best
In recent weeks I acquired quite a bit from none other than Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner and I will now share with you these lessons that will help you hire the best!
Me checking out Caitlyn Jenner on her awesome Vogue Cover
- 1.Honesty is the Best Policy – Caitlyn Jenner proves a potent lesson. Honesty is still the best way to do business and live life. Granted, it took Bruce a long while to come forward and become Caitlyn, but few have to confront as formidable a challenge. In the job market honesty has to be a two-way street. As an employer, it’s critical you say what you mean and mean what you say. Then honest and best candidates will respect you and come your way.
- Don’t be Afraid to Splurge – It took a lot of money as well as guts for Bruce to make his official transformation to Caitlyn. Sometimes no expenses spared is the only way to go, and stretching budget is worth it to acquire an exceptional new employee. The price of success is seldom cheap. But should it ever be for the right hire?
- Accept and Embrace Difference – “Variety is the spice of life” still rings true, and not just with music, cocktails and cuisine. Exceptional people come in different shapes and sizes, and genders and makeup. Interesting as well as extraordinary people from different walks of life can be an injection of spicy variety and inspiration to your company. And Caitlyn Jenner is a prime example of the power of inspiration.
- Thinking Outside the Box – Caitlyn Jenner decided to break away from conventional norms and be true to herself. Let your company embrace innovation and new ideas and rise above outdated methods of thinking. Try the highway less traveled and new hiring modules so you can find that diamond in the rough that will make a difference in your business.
- Forget First Impressions and Look Deeper – Premier athlete, Olympic Gold Medalist and celebrity father, clearly Caitlyn Jenner proved to be so much more than these things, including now a spokesperson for diversity and inspiration to millions. Run your business the same way. Inside that diminutive, seemingly shy job candidate you’re interviewing may lie a hardworking, diligent and supremely efficient employee waiting to bring your company profit and success. Give the benefit of the doubt and look beneath the surface of what some appear to be. Greatness lies in each of us!
No matter the size or nature of your business, you want to find excellent people to work for and with you. Expand your horizons and thinking, and this you will accomplish. There is much to learn from Caitlyn Jenner and other daring people.
Visit our site and let us help your company grow! www.proforce.ca
Recruiter Insight is brought to you by Proforce Personnel. At Proforce.ca we are Montreal and Toronto Headhunters. We work with growing companies that are looking to hire some of the best people in their industries. If you’re looking for Montreal consumer goods (CPG) headhunters we could help. Consumer goods includes manufacturing wholesale distribution and retail. So technically we could say we are Montreal fashion apparel Headhunters, Montreal food industry Headhunters, Montreal IT headhunters and even Montreal sales headhunters.
We understand what a designer does, we know many QC specialists, we know the difference between an account manager and a business developer. We understand that good import coordinators are not a dime a dozen. We are in the business of finding top talent and letting you focus on what you do best. Call us today. 514.905.0606